In the real world, we can all be a little difficult and demanding at times when worried, stressed, or feeling defensive. We can fall victim to our strong reactions, difficult emotions and the subsequent irrational thinking that leads us to be pushy, impatient, or...
Ignoring workplace incivility is a costly risk to your business Wikipedia describes workplace incivility as "… low-intensity [aberrant] behaviour with ambiguous intent to harm the target. Uncivil behaviours are characteristically rude and discourteous, displaying a...
Image courtesy of shutterstock One month ago Anthony was excited about his promotion to Head of Business Development, after five years of hard work as Senior Engineer in a management role. It was a big opportunity, significant pay rise and recognition for his hard...
I met Janni when she was at her lowest. She wanted to quit and run away from a job she loved, but that was set in an awful environment. Her health was impacted and she was miserable. Janni was 2IC in a large Early Childhood Centre. She felt that going to work each day...
Many narcissist managers are often under-performers who use distraction, obfuscation and drama to keep up the façade of their importance and hide their deficits.
Jules is a late-30s Senior Manager working on a significant national project, amidst the usual amount of corporate change. The latest restructure process has consolidated a destructive management configuration. One that unfortunately seems to be on the rise. Jules feeling like she’s juggling spinning chainsaws. If there’s to be blood spilt, she’s fearful it will be hers.
Your children’s emotions are not always easy to read and sometimes might be puzzling. Children often lack the words to explain their emotions and may have difficulties telling you about their feelings. You get clues, often only perhaps it all gets too much, and things spiral out of control.
There are some behaviours that can initially confuse or distract you from recognising a controlling person. Tactics that trip you up.
(Most recent first)
- The Skills of Conflict Confidence© – Manage Difficult Emotions
- First Principles of Conflict Confidence©: Conflict is a skill, Not an Emotion
- Confident Conflict Conversations: ‘It Never Gets Easier, You Just Get Better’
- COVID Frustrations & Harassment of Frontline Workers
- You Mainly Feel the Way You Think
- Check Your Conflict Assumptions
- 5 Principals for No Fault Discussions
- Seriously Social Podcast Interview with Simone Douglas, November 2020
- A COVID19 Story of Compassion and Gratitude
- The First 3 Minutes of Difficult Conversations Predict the Outcome
- Bad Boss Blues: Australian Workplace Harassment Statistics Tell a Sad Story
- Does Your Workplace Culture Make You Smile?
- Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast
- Reading the Slouch – Part 2
- 8 Essentials tips to stop you from killing your ex (figuratively speaking)
- Essential Secrets to More Confidence!
- Small Package, Big Influence
- 5 Top Tips to Cure Office Conflicts
- 9 Tips To Help Your Child Adjust to Separation
- Quickly Identify Controlling People – Try the Five Key Words Test
- Have I Got a Story for You!
- What is the Arc of Your Story?
- Customer Service Under Duress
- Here’s to The Best Teacher I’ve Never Met!
- Irrationally Yours
- Impolite, Insolent and Improper – Don’t Ignore This!
- The Tip of The Iceberg
- The Tipping Point
- This is Todays’ No 1 Workplace Problem
- What’s Your Leadership Pain Tolerance?
- Are You an Emotion Coach?
- Tactics that Trip You Up: Reading the Slouch
- The 3 Essentials for Conflict Confidence with Difficult People
- Buddhist Perspectives on Depression
- 5 Key Indicators you are Dealing with a Highly Controlling Person
- 5 Sure-Fire Tips to Insure Your Marriage
- 7 Simple Steps to Living with Purpose
- FaceBook Video on Aggressive & Demanding People at Work
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Dealing with Difficult People – 6 Survival Strategies You’ll Want to Know!
- The Man’s Guide to Women
- 5 Top Tips for Curing Office Conflicts
- Resilience: Step forward into what you really want
- Confidence Tips that May Surprise You!