This is a remarkable story about how to resolve workplace conflict with mindfulness and empathy. There are many bridges to cross in this challenging relationship: differences in language, culture, gender, education and values. As you read about Jade and Mike’s...
Workplace conflicts steal your energy and motivation at the office. Not to mention the additional stress you take home, the restless nights, lost sleep and negative impacts on your overall health and well-being. Business excellence requires recognising conflict risks...
When a family breaks up it is an anxious time for any parent. Your children are also going through difficult experiences, often without the language or emotional skills to explain what they need.
How do you recognise people who are likely to behave in ways that are conflict-driven, controlling, or manipulative, in ways that are likely to stop you from hiring them, dating them, or marrying them? As a couple and family therapist, and workplace conflict...
Oh, I have I got a tale for you! Margaret’s story Margaret and I met a cocktail networking event, an awards night for small business. Margaret is bright, sociable and authentically charming. That awkward question “What do you do” led to a fascinating conversation. It...
Conflict makes our world turn, our heads spin, our hearts race and sometimes our hearts break. It is the arc of every story, song, movie and indeed, many of your thoughts. What you rehearse becomes your reality. You are the director, scriptwriter and star of all your...
If you want to create a culture that is conducive to dealing with difficult and demanding people, your frontline and legal professionals must be able to deal with stressful situations with the confidence that they can manage emotionally charged and challenging...
It’s very embarrassing to admit this, but I have been caught out being difficult and demanding. This story reveals an uncomfortable time for me. It was a time that I didn’t always handle stress responsibly. However, sometimes small commonplace events can change your...
(Most recent first)
- The Skills of Conflict Confidence© – Manage Difficult Emotions
- First Principles of Conflict Confidence©: Conflict is a skill, Not an Emotion
- Confident Conflict Conversations: ‘It Never Gets Easier, You Just Get Better’
- COVID Frustrations & Harassment of Frontline Workers
- You Mainly Feel the Way You Think
- Check Your Conflict Assumptions
- 5 Principals for No Fault Discussions
- Seriously Social Podcast Interview with Simone Douglas, November 2020
- A COVID19 Story of Compassion and Gratitude
- The First 3 Minutes of Difficult Conversations Predict the Outcome
- Bad Boss Blues: Australian Workplace Harassment Statistics Tell a Sad Story
- Does Your Workplace Culture Make You Smile?
- Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast
- Reading the Slouch – Part 2
- 8 Essentials tips to stop you from killing your ex (figuratively speaking)
- Essential Secrets to More Confidence!
- Small Package, Big Influence
- 5 Top Tips to Cure Office Conflicts
- 9 Tips To Help Your Child Adjust to Separation
- Quickly Identify Controlling People – Try the Five Key Words Test
- Have I Got a Story for You!
- What is the Arc of Your Story?
- Customer Service Under Duress
- Here’s to The Best Teacher I’ve Never Met!
- Irrationally Yours
- Impolite, Insolent and Improper – Don’t Ignore This!
- The Tip of The Iceberg
- The Tipping Point
- This is Todays’ No 1 Workplace Problem
- What’s Your Leadership Pain Tolerance?
- Are You an Emotion Coach?
- Tactics that Trip You Up: Reading the Slouch
- The 3 Essentials for Conflict Confidence with Difficult People
- Buddhist Perspectives on Depression
- 5 Key Indicators you are Dealing with a Highly Controlling Person
- 5 Sure-Fire Tips to Insure Your Marriage
- 7 Simple Steps to Living with Purpose
- FaceBook Video on Aggressive & Demanding People at Work
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Dealing with Difficult People – 6 Survival Strategies You’ll Want to Know!
- The Man’s Guide to Women
- 5 Top Tips for Curing Office Conflicts
- Resilience: Step forward into what you really want
- Confidence Tips that May Surprise You!